Strengthening the Workforce: The Importance of Offering Benefits to Part-Timers
Improve Engagement and Recruiting
With 63% of employees rating benefits as an important factor when comparing job offers from two separate companies, it’s easy to see why offering a strong benefits package is crucial to employee recruiting and engagement.
● There were 7.3 million part-timers in August 2014. Differentiate your business and attract top part-time talent by offering benefits.
● Companies with engaged employees can outperform those with disengaged employees by up to 202%.
● Companies with engaged employees see 2.5 times more revenues vs. competitors with low engagement levels.
● Engaged employees are 87% less likely to leave their companies than their disengaged counterparts.
Why Private Exchanges are Better Than the Public Option
Rather than sending employees to a confusing public exchange to fend for themselves, consider providing a branded, private exchange.
● The federal exchange’s subsidy-eligible insurance plans
○ Public: Difficult enrollment, plan confusion, crashes
○ Private: Easy-to-use platform that won’t crash the way healthcare.gov did
● Benefit counselors
○ Public: High call volumes lead to long wait times
○ Private: Licensed and available to answer questions, help employees enroll and personally vetted by the exchange provider and employers.
● Voluntary benefits
○ Public: No
○ Private: Yes, and employers can choose which benefits they’d like to add, including ID theft protection, telemedicine, health screenings and more.
● Engagement email marketing
○ Public: No
○ Private: Yes, allowing employers to better communicate the benefits and savings on their exchange and build stronger relationships with employees.
Learn more about offering an individual private exchange to part-time and non-benefit-eligible employees at www.geniusbenefits.com